Find My Dine at Christmas
Well, you won’t win any prizes for picking 2020 as ‘the single year I’d most like to forget, thanks.’ One you’ll be happy to see the back of, for many reasons, we are sure.
So more than ever, Christmas represents some sense of hope, something to look forward to. A time of indulgence, some little respite from 2020. Which for us means good food and drink.
We’ve got you covered. We will be updating this constantly over the next few weeks, as we hear what our Welsh independents are offering this December. So whatever your festive plans look like this year, why not let someone else do all the heavy lifting for Christmas Dinner, while supporting your local favourites at the same time.
- Ashtons Fishmongers, Cardiff Market – open Mon 21st through to Christmas Eve.
- Bones Supper Club by Lee Skeet – gift vouchers available for the tasting menu and wine pairing. Order from the website.
- Bab Haus – keep an eye on their website shop for deliveries of churros and hot chocolate, taco kits and nachos for delivery in Cardiff and Caerphilly. Collection from Goodsheds in Barry can also be arranged.
- Chez Vous Grady – Chez vous Christmas Eve click and collect is now available to order for collection from Hard Lines Coffee on the 23rd December 11am to 1pm. £50 for 2 people – order from the website. Contact Grady Atkins for information on menus for New Years Eve – details coming soon – www.chezvousgrady.co.uk
- Cocorico Patisserie – Christmas logs are now available to pre-order from the website.
- Culley’s, Coal Exchange – Culley’s at Home – to book, visit their website.
- Curado Bar – nationwide monthly wine subscription service is now available. Hampers, recipe books, and various food-related gifts are available to purchase from their website.
- DeliverRoast @ Christmas – pre-orders are now being taken for heat at home delivery on Christmas Eve and delivered hot on Christmas Day. Adult and children meals available (2 or 3 courses) starting at £22.50 for 2 courses on Christmas Eve up to 3 courses on Christmas Day for an adult at £32.50. DM on Facebook to order. Delivery charges apply. Open on 27th and New Years Day too for deliveries on Deliveroo or Ubereats.
- Got Beef, Whitchurch Road – gift vouchers available to purchase in store.
- Heathock, Llandaff – gift vouchers are available to purchase from their website.
- I Giardini di Sorrento – takeaway and collect service available next week until Christmas Eve on 4pm. Please visit the website for further details. Gift vouchers available to purchase from their website.
- Kings Arms, Pentyrch – open for Christmas Dinner. Call 029 2089 0202 for further information and to book.
- La Cuina – takeaways available to order for Christmas Eve (4.30pm-6.30pm) and New Years Eve (5pm-8pm) – please see their website for further details on the menu. Email email@example.com for enquiries.
- La Pentola Christmas at Home – 3 course meal including crackers – £24.95 per person. Collection and delivery available on the 23rd and 24th December. Call 029 20 611204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to order. Menus are on Facebook. Read our profile of La Pentola here.
- Maria’s Greek Taverna – delivery and pick up available for Christmas meals. Visit their website to order.
- Matsudai Ramen – monthly ramen subscriptions, gift vouchers and Japanese tableware available to purchase via the website for Christmas gifts.
- Nook – open on Christmas Eve (12-6pm) to collect takeaways and drinks. Gift vouchers also available.
- Passion & Pride Catering – delivering up until the 23rd December. Beautiful 3 course dinners available to order for delivery. DM Andrew on Instagram for more details and to order.
- Purple Poppadom – Christmas feasts available for takeaway from Tuesday to Sunday – £40 (veg)/£45 (non veg) for 2 people and £75 (veg)/£85 (non veg) for 4 people. Available to order from the website.
- The Brook Bistro – Christmas Day lunch delivered on Christmas Eve (re-heating required). Contact 029 2061 9738 for further information and to book. See their social accounts for details.
- The Caribbean Way – Festive menu now available to pre-order fro collection before 2pm on Christmas Eve. See socials for their menu.
- The Knife & Fork Group including The Conway, The Discovery, The Pilot, The Old Swan Inn and The Sully – for gift vouchers, please visit their website.
- The Old Custom House, Penarth – Deluxe Christmas hampers now available for collection on Wednesday 23rd December or Thursday 24th December between 9am-12pm from The Old Custom House Penarth. Order from the website.
- The Tidy Kitchen Co. – grazing platters, mince pies and canape boxes are available on the website for delivery in Cardiff on the 23rd December. More slots being added for collection from Rhiwbina in view of lockdown.
- Thomas by Tom Simmons, Pontcanna – Christmas Party Boxes to finish at home – £45 collection or £50 delivery. For further information and to order, email email@example.com
Cardiff and beyond…
- Asador 44/Bar 44 – Christmas Hamper and Experience boxes available to purchase from the website for local and national delivery. Virtual Christmas Party experiences including an online Cocktail Masterclass, Spanish Cook along, Sherry Tasting and Steak and Wine Cook along. See their social accounts for further details and email firstname.lastname@example.org to book. Boxes are also being launched for New Years Eve – click and collect in Cowbridge, Penarth and Cardiff – COMING SOON.
- Greens Vegan – Vegan Christmas Eve Snack ‘n Share treat boxes available to purchase for £25. Free DIY Reindeer kit if you order before 15th November. Free local delivery and £5 national delivery. Email email@example.com or see socials for more details.
- Kapow Ribs – gift vouchers and Kapow party boxes are available for £65 for delivery on the 23rd and also the 30th December. Order online at Kapow Ribs. Available to deliver to Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan and Bridgend.
- Purple Sage Kitchen – festive menu available for delivery to Cardiff, Bridgend, the Vale of Glamorgan and Pontyclun. 3 courses for £17.50 per person can be delivered. See their website for details on the menu and to order. New Years Eve 7 course taster menu now available to order too – £45 per person (meat and vegetarian options available) .
- Sommerins at Home – 6 course Christmas Day ‘Dine at Home’ menu available to collect on the 23rd or 24th December – £100 per person. Available to deliver to Barry, Sully, Dinas Powys, Penarth, Cardiff. National delivery coming soon – price to be confirmed. Christmas Hampers are also available to purchase at £50 each for collection and delivery.
Rhondda Cynon Taf
- The Bunch of Grapes, Pontypridd – Christmas vegetable boxes are available to pre-order for collection on the 22nd December. Visit their website to order these, and other Christmas gifts including beer advent calendars, cheese and red meats and hampers.
- The Crispy Cod, Gelli – delivery and click and collect available. Please see their website for further details. Platters for Christmas Eve and New Years Eve also available for collection only – £100.
Vale of Glamorgan
- Arboreal, Cowbridge – open for dine in and take away on the 23rd and 24th December. You can book online here, and the menu is available to view here.
- Fox and Hounds, Llancarfan – Christmas day boxes available to order (£15 and £25pp) See their social accounts for more information or call 01446 781287.
- Hare and Hounds, Aberthin – gift vouchers are available to purchase from their website.
- Rocket & Rye, Cowbridge – gift vouchers are available to purchase from their website.
- The Cwtch Restaurant, Llantwit Major – bookings are now open Christmas Day lunch deliveries. Call 01446 792048 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Penny Farthing, Cowbridge – quiches (£15 for half/£30 for whole) and pavlovas (£25) are available to pre-order with collection on Christmas Eve between 9am and 3pm. Call 01446 774999 to order. Gift vouchers are also available to purchase.
- The Humble Onion, Dinas Powys – 3 courses, all prepped, vac packed and boxed ready to serve or warm through with simple instructions. £60 for adults and £40 for children. All delivered 24th December. Please call 02920 514900 to book or for more information and the menu see their social accounts. Read our profile of The Humble Onion here.
- Cosmos Kitchen, Ebbw Vale – breakfast boxes, Christmas grazing boxes, vegan grazing boxes and brownies available to purchase from their website. Local, contact-free delivery is available for £1.50. Delivery available from the 19th-24th December.
- O’Donnell Bakehouse, Ebbw Vale – gift boxes now available to order with Welsh cakes, brownies. Please see their Facebook page with information on how to order.
- Celtic Manor – Christmas Gourmet to Go dinners. Collect from Celtic Manor on Christmas Eve – click here further information and to order online.
- The Priory, Caerleon – The Caerleon Food Market is open online. Beautiful Christmas gifts on the website, including Priory at Home. Orders taken Monday through Wednesday, and collection is from The Priory on either Fri/Sat/Sun from 12pm – 6pm. Visit the website.
- JOLs – open for Christmas lunch and bookings are now being taken. See their Facebook page for menus – 3 courses is £40p/h and 4 courses is £50 p/h. Call 07984 518519 to book.
- The Gaff, Abergavenny – Christmas Hampers now available to order for collection on 21st December – £50. Collection or local delivery of Christmas dinner – £85 for 2 people. Delivery on Christmas Eve. Call 01873 739310 to order or see their social accounts for further information. Read our review of The Gaff here.
- Chapters Restaurants, Hay-on-Wye – open for Christmas Day lunch, Boxing Day and New Years Eve. For menus and to book, please visit their website. Set menu – £95pp from 12pm – 3.30pm.
- Beach House, Oxwich – gift vouchers available to purchase from their website.
- Chef Christos Georgakis – spaces left for Christmas Eve and New Years Eve Greek Taverna deliveries. Visit his Facebook page to see the menus and call 07858070125 to order. Gift vouchers also available.
- Cwtchitas, Basekamp, Kings Lane – taco-related merchandise available on their website to purchase for gifts including t-shirts, tote bags and vouchers. New Year Eve platters available for collection from Basekamp or local delivery in Swansea – order via the website.
- Slice, Swansea – Christmas Day and Boxing Day desserts. Orders to be phoned in or call in to order. For further information on the desserts, prices and to order call 01792 290929, or see their social accounts.
- The Bakers Pig, Upper Brynamman – charcuterie boards, salami, breakfast and brunch boxes available to purchase off of their website.
- Wrights Food Emporium – the Christmas shop is now open for delivery across the UK and local collection on the 11th December including Christmas puddings and Bara Brith. Order here.
- Coast, Saundersfoot – gift vouchers available to purchase from their website.
- The Grove, Narbeth – a variety of gift vouchers for dining experiences and stays available to purchase from their website.
- The Stackpole Inn, Stackpole – takeaways available to pickup on Christmas Eve. Call 01646 672324 to book your takeaway, menus can be seen on their Facebook page.
- Ultracomida, Narbeth – nationwide monthly wine subscription service is now available. Hampers, recipe books, and various food-related gifts are available to purchase from their website.
- Ultracomida, Aberystwyth – nationwide monthly wine subscription service is now available. Hampers, recipe books, and various food-related gifts are available to purchase from their website.