Find My Dine at Christmas
Well, you won’t win any prizes for picking 2020 as ‘the single year I’d most like to forget, thanks.’ One you’ll be happy to see the back of, for many reasons, we are sure.
So more than ever, Christmas represents some sense of hope, something to look forward to. A time of indulgence, some little respite from 2020. Which for us means good food and drink.
We’ve got you covered. We will be updating this constantly over the next few weeks, as we hear what our Welsh independents are offering this December. So whatever your festive plans look like this year, why not let someone else do all the heavy lifting for Christmas Dinner, while supporting your local favourites at the same time.
- Bones Supper Club by Lee Skeet – gift vouchers available for the tasting menu and wine pairing. Order from the website.
- Culley’s, Coal Exchange – festive afternoon tea, lunches and dinners starting from Friday 27th November. For further information and to book, visit their website.
- Cocorico Patisserie – Christmas logs are now available to pre-order from the website.
- DeliverRoast @ Christmas – pre-orders are now being taken for heat at home delivery on Christmas Eve and delivered hot on Christmas Day. Adult and children meals available (2 or 3 courses) starting at £22.50 for 2 courses on Christmas Eve up to 3 courses on Christmas Day for an adult at £32.50. DM on Facebook to order. Delivery charges apply.
- Heathock, Llandaff – New Years Eve Tasting Menu available to book at £85pp from 12pm to 2pm. Menu coming soon – see the website for further details.
- Kings Arms, Pentyrch – open for Christmas Dinner. Call 029 2089 0202 for further information and to book.
- La Pentola Christmas at Home – 3 course meal including crackers – £24.95 per person. Collection and delivery available on the 23rd and 24th December. Call 029 20 611204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to order. Menus are on Facebook. Read our review of La Pentola here.
- Matsudai Ramen – monthly ramen subscriptions, gift vouchers and Japanese tableware available to purchase via the website for Christmas gifts.
- The Knife & Fork Group including The Conway, The Discovery, The Pilot, The Old Swan Inn and The Sully – open for Christmas dinner. For details on how to book and for gift vouchers, please visit their website.
- The Old Custom House, Penarth – Deluxe Christmas hampers now available for collection on Wednesday 23rd December or Thursday 24th December between 9am-12pm from The Old Custom House Penarth. Order from the website.
- The Tidy Kitchen Co. – grazing platters, mince pies and canape boxes are available on the website for delivery in Cardiff on the 23rd December.
- Thomas by Tom Simmons, Pontcanna – Christmas Party Boxes to finish at home – £45 collection or £50 delivery. For further information and to order, email email@example.com
Cardiff and beyond…
- Asador 44/Bar 44 – Christmas Hamper and Experience boxes available to purchase from the website for local and national delivery. Virtual Christmas Party experiences including an online Cocktail Masterclass, Spanish Cook along, Sherry Tasting and Steak and Wine Cook along. See their social accounts for further details and email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
- Greens Vegan – Vegan Christmas Eve Snack ‘n Share treat boxes available to purchase for £25. Free DIY Reindeer kit if you order before 15th November. Free local delivery and £5 national delivery. Email email@example.com or see socials for more details.
- Kapow Ribs – gift vouchers and Kapow party boxes are available for £65 for delivery on the 23rd and also the 30th December. Order online at Kapow Ribs. Available to deliver to Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan and Bridgend.
- Sommerins at Home – 6 course Christmas Day ‘Dine at Home’ menu available to collect on the 23rd or 24th December – £100 per person. Available to deliver to Barry, Sully, Dinas Powys, Penarth, Cardiff. National delivery coming soon – price to be confirmed. Christmas Hampers are also available to purchase at £50 each for collection and delivery.
Vale of Glamorgan
- Hare and Hounds, Aberthin – the Christmas menu will be served Wednesday to Saturday throughout December. Sunday will be à la carte as usual. Book through the website.
- The Cwtch Restaurant, Llantwit Major – bookings are now open Christmas Day lunch deliveries. Call 01446 792048 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Humble Onion, Dinas Powys – 3 courses, all prepped, vac packed and boxed ready to serve or warm through with simple instructions. £60 for adults and £40 for children. All delivered 24th December. Please call 02920 514900 to book or for more information and the menu see their social accounts. Read our review of The Humble Onion here.
- O’Donnell Bakehouse, Ebbw Vale – gift boxes now available to order with Welsh cakes, brownies. Please see their Facebook page with information on how to order.
- Celtic Manor – Christmas Gourmet to Go dinners. Collect from Celtic Manor on Christmas Eve – click here further information and to order online.
- JOLs – open for Christmas lunch and bookings are now being taken. See their Facebook page for menus – 3 courses is £40p/h and 4 courses is £50 p/h. Call 07984 518519 to book.
- The Gaff, Abergavenny – Christmas Hampers now available to order for collection on 21st December – £50. Collection or local delivery of Christmas dinner – £85 for 2 people. Delivery on Christmas Eve. Call 01873 739310 to order or see their social accounts for further information. Read our review of The Gaff here.
- Chapters Restaurants, Hay-on-Wye – open for Christmas Day lunch, Boxing Day and New Years Eve. For menus and to book, please visit their website.
- Slice, Swansea – Christmas Day and Boxing Day desserts. Orders to be phoned in or call in to order. For further information on the desserts, prices and to order call 01792 290929, or see their social accounts.
- Wrights Food Emporium – the Christmas shop is now open for delivery across the UK and local collection on the 11th December including Christmas puddings and Bara Brith. Order here.