Supporting Independent Restaurants in Wales | Takeaways
These are unprecedented circumstances for all of us, wherever we live. The hospitality business is already feeling the impact, and there is doubtless worse to come.
In an attempt to minimise the crushing damage inflicted by COVID-19 on restaurants, some businesses are adapting what they offer. They might offer home delivery, or ‘buy now, use later vouchers’, or even share recipes to bring some variety to the ‘body weight in pasta and endless baked beans’ forecast.
We will be updating this page as we hear more, but please consider supporting our local small businesses however you can. The following list are links to independent restaurants, pop-ups and traders that are currently selling gift vouchers.
Stay healthy, stay safe, look after your loved ones- but maybe treat yourself to something to look forward to when normality resumes…
Team FMD x
- Asador 44, Quay Street – gift vouchers available online. Please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Ashtons Fishmongers – free home delivery service. Pay over the phone and driver will leave at the front door. Call 029 2022 9201.
- Bangkok Cafe, Cowbridge Road East – takeaway deliveries only via Deliveroo.
- Bar 44 – gift vouchers available online. Please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Black and White Cafe, Grangetown – takeaways are now available. Call 029 2034 4408 to order.
- Bozan, Albany Road – takeaways available. Call 029 2049 3617 to order. See their Facebook page for a menu.
- Brava, Pontcanna – Call 029 2037 1929 to order a takeaway pizza. Payment over the phone, and pizza will be placed outside for collection. Current opening times are Monday – Sunday 4pm – 8.30pm. Pizzas are £8 each, see their website for further details on menu.
- Bully’s Restaurant – takeaway on Friday and Saturday night and Sunday lunch. Slots can be booked during the day for the evening to collect.
- Bwydiful – please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Bwyta Bwyd Bombai – please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Caesars Arms, Creigiau – farm shop is open from 9.30am-4pm Tuesday to Saturday and are encouraging customers to email firstname.lastname@example.org for a full product list. Orders can then be emailed and we will contact you to arrange collection. Payment can be taken over the phone, or by a mobile card terminal that can be brought to your car. We can bring your order to your car and place boxes and bags directly in your boot. Please telephone the Farm Shop on 02920 891223 or if busy 02920 890486.
- Caffe Fragolino, Waungron Road – selling rice, pasta, eggs and flour and open for pizza, pasta and lasagne takeaways. Collection and delivery. See their social accounts for information – Facebook.
- Calabrisella, Canton – takeaways on Deliveroo.
- Canna Deli – can call 02920 373 775 and order a delivery for tomorrow for anyone elderly, vulnerable or self isolating in the Pontcanna area .
- Chapel 1877 – gift vouchers available online. Please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Chilli Basil, City Road – takeaways available with 10% off. See website for menu, and contact 029 2048 2233 to place order.
- Cocorico Patisserie – take-away only including a boxed Afternoon Tea. Orders can be taken over the phone 029 2132 8177.
- Curado Bar, Guildford Crescent – shop open from 10-6pm and a delivery service for their produce is now available.
- Da Ling Kitchen, Albany Road – takeaway available. Call 029 2049 8808 – can also order via Just Eat.
- Deli Bant a la Cart, Cathedral Road – pick up and delivery service of ready meals, cakes, bread, fresh vegetables, fish and fruit. To order or for further information call 07813 799212 or email email@example.com.
- Deli Fuego – gift vouchers available online.
- Dusty Knuckle – please email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will post the vouchers. Takeaway is available from Dark in Castle Arcade via the hatch. Pizza making kits are also available to purchase for collection (same email). Deliveries are now available via Deliveroo and Ubereats – Wednesday to Sunday.
- Franks Hotdogs – gift vouchers available online. Takeaway delivery available in certain locations (3 mile radius of CF5) on Ubereats.
- Friends in Knead – bakes are available for takeaway all weekend. Customers to pop in one at a time, and card payments only.
- Giovannis – gift vouchers available online.
- Golden Phoenix, Carlisle Street – delivery only from Tuesday 24th March. Free delivery to a 1 mile radius. Call 029 2047 1001.
- Greazy Vegan, Castle Arcade – open 7 days week for collection and delivery of takeaways. Collections MUST be ordered & paid for via the website, and your order must be collected at the time you are given. No more than 2 people allowed in to collect. If possible please use Uber Eats instead.
- Heaneys, Pontcanna – gift vouchers available online. Please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Hard Lines – gift vouchers available online. A daily changing takeaway menu, ideally please message ahead on their social accounts to order.
- Holy Yolks – any 4 scotch eggs for £12. £1 delivery charge on all orders. For further information and email orders to email@example.com. See social accounts for the scotch eggs and delivery area.
- Hoof – Deliverhoof via Deliveroo and Uber Eats.
- I Giardini di Sorrento – gift vouchers available online. Open for collections on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Call 029 2048 6580 or 07703 429185 to order. Other menus are available via Deliveroo and Uber Eats.
- Inyamat – gift vouchers available to purchase, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jam – gift vouchers are avialable to purchase online. Takeaways are available including salad boxes, cakes and coffee (can be brought out to the car)
- Katiwok – takeaways ordered online and delivered – see their website.
- Kemi’s Pontcanna – gift vouchers available to purchase online. Call on 029 2037 2055 by 11am for delivery/collection of vegetable boxes 12-2pm, and order by 4pm for delivery between 6 and 8pm. Cardiff area only. See their social accounts.
- Keralan Karavan – Karavan 2 You, on Ubereats Thursday to Saturday. Can be delivered by Keraln Karavan on Saturday from 4-9pm if pre-ordered by midday on Saturday, email email@example.com.
- La Cuina, Pontcanna – please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Leyli Joon & Co/Bab Haus – please follow them on Facebook for future posts. Cook with Leyli Joon & Co recipe boxes, please go to their website to order. Delivery in Cardiff.
- Mezza Luna, City Road – mezze feast, tangine and Lebanese grills available for collection or delivery from Deliveroo and Just Eat
- Milkwood – please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Mina Restaurant – contact-less takeaway offered
- Modo Italian – pizza delivery via Ubereats starts on 9th April to Pontprennau, Pentwyn, Lisvane, Llanrumney, Llanederyn and St Mellons.
- Moo Moo Thai Tapas, City Road – delivery available. Receive 10% off all takeaways and delivery orders (min £20 spend). Call 029 20638393 to order.
- Mowglis Indian Restaurant, Crwys Road – please follow them on Facebook for future posts. Takeaways and deliveries back up and running from 5pm – 3 mile radius on deliveries.
- Mr Croquewich \ Bistrot – all dishes are fully assembled to be put in oven. See their Facebook page or other social pages for the menu. Place order on social media via DM or call 07759147210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Delivery days are Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Delivery is free for orders over £10. Deliveries to Cardiff, Penarth, Radyr, Pentyrchm Creigiau and Efail Isaf.
- Nook, Cowbridge Road East – please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Park House Restaurant & Wine Bar – gift vouchers available online.
- Penylan Pantry – gift vouchers available online.
- Pettigrew Tea Rooms – gift vouchers available online.
- Porro, Llandaff – gift vouchers available to purchase with 20% for a limited time. Please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Purple Poppadom, Canton – gift vouchers available online. Takeaway service available from Thursday 9th April (Thursday-Sunday 5pm-9pm) Please email email@example.com with your order, telephone number, preferred delivery or collection time and the day you would like your takeaway. Purple Poppadom will then call you to take payment. Or call 029 2022 0026 from 4pm Thurs-Sun to order. Delivery radius is 3 miles, min order £25 and £2 delivery charge.
- Salkaara, Llandaff – available to takeaway on Ubereats, certain locations – please search for availability under your area.
- Salt Kitchen – gift vouchers available online.
- Saray Restaurant, City Road – takeaways via Deliveroo.
- Selah Cafe and Tea Room, Llanishen – gift vouchers are available to purchase and food is available for takeaway. Please contact 029 2075 5380.
- Splott Fish & Chips, Splott Road – takeaway and delivery until 11pm. Delivery via Ubereats, Deliveroo and Just Eat.
- Thackeray Cardiff – gift vouchers available online.
- Thai Village Restaurant, Merthyr Road – takeaway only. Please call on 029 2061 1222.
- The Beach Tree Restaurant – gift vouchers available online.
- The Brass Beetle, Heath/Gabalfa – currently offering £5 margherita pizzas for collections/walk ins and on Deliveroo for takeaways
- The Clink Cymru – gift voucher available online.
- The Dough Thrower – order online and delivering 7 days a week. If you have a postcode restriction online, still call them on 029 2030 7295.
- The Early Bird – the full menu is available for takeaway (21st and 22nd March).
- The Knife & Fork Group including 29 Park Place, The Conway, The Discovery, The Pilot, The Old Swan Inn and The Sully – please email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will post the vouchers.
- The Heathcock, Llandaff – please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- The One Mile Bakery, Rhiwbina – bread available for delivery – 1 mile radius, see their website for slots.
- The Parc Deli – takeaways are available via Deliveroo, JustEatUK and Ubereats.
- The Pot Bistro – please follow on Facebook for future posts.
- The Potted Pig, High Street – gift vouchers available online. Please follow them of Facebook for future posts.
- The Smoke House, Pontcanna – takeaway menu available to view on their Facebook page. Collection only at present. Please call 029 2034 4628 from 4pm-8pm.
- Thomas by Tom Simmons, Pontcanna – gift vouchers available online. local takeaway/delivery service available from Tuesday 24th March- call 029 2116 7800 – see social accounts for menu. 50% off if you work for the NHS or over 70.
- Uisce, Pontcanna – takeaway menu available, please see Facebook page. 50% off wine when you order. Call 029 2034 1264 to order – collection only.
- Vegetarian Food Studio, Grangetown – takeaway service is available, please call 029 2023 8222.
- Waterloo Tea – gift vouchers available online.
- Wild Thing – please email email@example.com and they will post gift vouchers.
- Cobbles Kitchen & Deli, Ogmore – gift vouchers available online. Please follow on Facebook for future posts.
- Cosy Corner Lounge, Porthcawl – please follow on Facebook for future posts.
- Double Zero Pizza, Porthcawl – pizza delivery service via Just Eat.
- Franco’s Ristorante Vecchio, Queen Street – takeaway’s are now available to order- you can ring and order the day before and pick up . Alternatively for those that cannot get out they can deliver.
- Isabella’s Brasserie – please follow on Facebook for future posts.
- La Cocina, Derwen Road – please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Leicester’s Restaurant, Laleston – gift vouchers available online.
- The Farmers Arms, Nottage – take away menu available with free delivery locally. To place your order please call 01656 856419.This is a cashless service, therefore all orders will have to be paid in advance when placing your order.
- The Haywain, Brackla – delivery menu available. 30% discount for over 70’s, card payment over the phone only- call 01656 669945. Free delivery to the Brackla area and take away available, please order by 4pm. See Facebook for further information.
- The Prince of Wales Inn, Kenfig – please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Zia Nina – please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Casa Mia – Phone 029 2088 6123 between the hours of 6pm to 9pm, and takeaways can be delivered (5 mile radius) or collected. See their Facebook page for further details.
- The Black Cock Inn – takeaway menu is now available including a Mothers Day special menu. See their Facebook page for further details.
- The Rose & Crown, Egwlysilan – takeaway menu, see Facebook for further information. Call 029 2233 8021 to order food. Kitchen is open from 12pm and last orders 8:30pm
- Volare Italian Restaurant – takeaway is now available during normal restaurant hours. Delivery service offered or £5 off if you spend £25 and collect. Call 029 2132 2077 or WhatsApp 07949 211 475 to place your order.
- Gemelli Restaurant, Newport – gift vouchers available online.
- Gem 42, Newport – gift vouchers available online.
- Restaurant 1861, Abergavenny – gift vouchers available online.
- Supa Thai Vegan – please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Taste of Persia – chilled ready meals, available for delivery on Friday and Saturday 3pm to 6pm. Free delivery to Monmouth and £2 delivery to Abergavenny and Chepstow. Please see their Twitter account for details on the menu.
- The Angel, Abergavenny – gift vouchers available, please call 01873 857121 (9am-5pm every day).
- The Black Bear Inn, Bettws Newydd – takeaways available, free delivery within 2 miles. Please see Facebook for further details.
- The Gaff, Abergavenny – please contact 01873 739310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will post vouchers.
- The Walnut Tree, Abergavenny – gift vouchers available online.
- The Whitebrook, Abergavenny – gift vouchers available online.
- Towpath Inn, Gilwern – can shop via their Facebook page for different street food traders.
- Beach House Restaurant, Oxwich Bay – gift vouchers available online.
- Brewstone, Uplands – takeaways now available on Deliveroo.
- Elle’s Little Kitchen – home delivery is now available. Order via email email@example.com or call 07717057361. Delivery will be free (£10 minimum order) in Penllergaer, Dunvant, Gorseinon, Gowerton. Swansea area (including Hospitals), Morriston, Uplands, Sketty (£15 minimum order). Please ask for more areas. See their Facebook page for the menus.
- Rasoi Indian Kitchen – now offering deliveries or 20% off takeaways when you collect. To order call 01792 882409.
Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Albi Restaurant, Talbot Green – please follow on Facebook for future posts.
- Haveli, Pontyclun – now offering takeawayas and deliveries. Call 01443 449779 to order. See their Facebook page for the menu.
- Indiaah, Pontyclun – local home delivery takeaway service available, up to 3 mile radius. Please see their website for menu.
- Jafran Indian Takeaway, Llantrisant – takeaways available for delivery, see their website.
- La Luna, Talbot Green – lease follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Lanelay Hall – gift vouchers are available.
- The Bunch of Grapes, Pontypridd – vegetable and meat boxes available for collection and a takeaway service being provided. Please see their Facebook page.
- The Crispy Cod – delivery service now in operation, minimum £10 order. Call 01443 434888. Delivery to Gelli, Ton Pentre, Pentre, Treorchy, Ynyswen, Cwmparc, Treherbert, Ystrad, Llwynypia, Tonypandy, Dinas, Trealaw, Ynyshir, Wattstown, Stanleytown, Ferndale, Tylorstown, Penryhys, Clydach and Penygraig.
- The Delicatessen, Pontyclun -please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Trattoria, Talbot Green – freshly made takeaway available – 1 person in at a time, pasta, sauces & eggs available.
- Zeera Indian Takeaway, Pontyclun – takeaways still available although times and procedures have changed. Please see their Facebook page for further information.
Vale of Glamorgan
- Cegin halfnhalf, Barry – home deliveries in the Barry area from Thursday 26th March. Thursday/Friday evenings two time slots (5-6pm) and (6-7pm) – orders will be via WhatsApp or call
- Etc…, Penarth – gift vouchers available online. Takeaway service is now available. Call 029 2009 0060.
- Hang Fire Southern Kitchen, Barry – gift vouchers available online.
- Hare & Hounds – please contact 01446 774892 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will post gift vouchers out. Takeaway service starting Thursday 19th March with free delivery for orders over £30 within a 4 mile radius. Call to order. Mothers Day take out menu too for delivery and collection.
- Holm House, Penarth – gift vouchers available online.
- Keyif Restaurant, Penarth – takeaways and deliveries. Place your order 029m 2070 2429.
- Llanerch Vineyard, Hensol – gift vouchers available online. Llanerch Farmhouse shop is open and will deliver within a 5 mile radius and free to people aged over 70. You can also collect. Call 01443 222716 to place your order between 9am and 5pm (Mon-Fri). List is now available on their website.
- Mr Villas, Barry – takeaway available for delivery. Please contact Christine at email@example.com or call 01446 740781 for the menus. Roasts are available on a Sunday to takeaway.
- Restaurant James Sommerin, Penarth – gift vouchers available online.
- The Barley Mow, Penllyn – local takeaway deliveries available – please see their Facebook posts.
- The Cwtch Restaurant, Llantwit Major – gift vouchers available, call 01446 792048 or visit the website. Sunday roast available for takeaway and delivery, see their Facebook page for further details.
- The Galley, Penarth – takeaway and delivery service available to order from 9am through their website.
- The Crepe Escape, Penarth – afternoon tea can be delivered locally. Please call 029 2070 2385.
- The Custom House, Penarth – gift vouchers available online.
- The Humble Onion, Dinas Powys – please contact 029 2051 4900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will post gift vouchers out. They are also offering a Sunday lunch for collection on Sunday 29th March – Humble to Home, book on their website.
- The Lamb and Flag, Wick – gift vouchers are available. Please contact 01656 890373. It’s. the same contact number for their takeaway menu. Collection only for now – able to do bank transfer/ card payments over the phone/ cash on collection. See Facebook page for further details.
- The Red Fox Inn, Penllyn – local takeaway delivery service to villagers – please see Facebook posts.
- Pink Peppercorn Food Company, Llandeilo – running a community action drive. Please check their social accounts on Instagram and Facebook for further developing details.
- The New Curiousity, Carmarthen – Mothers Day takeaways are available. Please call on 01267 232384 to pre-order and pay over the phone.
- The Warren, Mansel Street – gift vouchers available online.
- Wrights Food Emporium, Llanarthne – collection and delivery online. Please see their website for further updates.
- Blas Restaurant, St Davids – gift vouchers available online.
- Coast, Saundersfoot – gift vouchers available online.
- Grove, Narbeth – gift vouchers available online.
- Paternoster Farm, collection from Y Gegin – Mothering Sunday Family Lunch, final orders on Friday 20th March. DM on Facebook or Instagram with your order.
- Ultracomida, Narbeth – local delivery service available, please see website.
- Abdul’s Restaurant, Cardigan – open from Thursday to Sunday – normal hours with deliveries and takeaways.
- Bar 46, Aberystwyth – Delivery is available from 2:30pm til 10pm, Mon-Fri and Sat & Sun midday-10pm via Just Eat, Deliveroo or by calling 07399 011769.
- Light of Asia, Aberystwyth – takeaways and deliveries just give us a call on 01970 615040 or order on Deliveroo.
- Mama Fay’s, Aberystwyth – open for takeaways from 5pm Tuesday to Sunday. Order through Deliveroo or call up to have your order delivered. Payment taken over the phone.
- The Express Cafe, Aberystwyth – delivery service from 8-11am for breakfasts, rolls and sandwiches and teas and coffees delivered to your door. Will also be delivering either by phone orders or Deliveroo between 5-8.30 in the evenings. Call 07791596400 for deliveries.
- Ultracomida, Aberystwyth – local delivery services available, please see website.
- Chapters Restaurant, Hay-on-Wye – gift vouchers available to purchase, call 07855783799 or email email@example.com and they will send via post. Takeaway menu available for collection or delivery – Wednesday to Saturday 12pm-8pm. Orders to be placed in advance via 07855783799 as menu changing regularly.
- Daphne’s 53 High Street – operating a pizza hotline and no-contact collection service Thurs-Sun. Call 07377909216
- Hills Brecon – gift vouchers are available online. Take-away burgers and chips in their restaurant car park. Card payments only. With a 20% discount for NHS, Armed Forces and Emergency Services staff.
- The Felin Fach Griffin, Brecon – gift vouchers available online.
- Ynyshir Restaurant & Rooms – gift vouchers available online.
- Catch 22 Brasserie – gift vouchers available online.
- The Marram Grass – gift vouchers available online. Home delivery service will start on Saturday 21st March, please visit website for further details.
- Chilly Cow Ice Cream – delivering ice cream to your door to certain villages and towns within the area. Minimum order is £16. Call 07968993495 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tyddyn Llan, Llandeilo – gift vouchers available online
- The Dining Room, Abersoch – please follow on Facebook for future posts.
- The Gun Room, Caernarfon – gift vouchers available online.
- The West Arms, Llanarmon Dyffryn-Ceiriog – gift vouchers are available, please call 01691 600665 or email email@example.com