Supporting Independent Restaurants in Wales | Now Open – w/c Monday 13th July
Photo Credit | The Heathcock, Llandaff (Garden Menu)
As restaurants in Wales emerge into the post-lockdown landscape, they will be opening under many new restrictions and changes. The following list will be updated as and when we receive new information. Please feel free to to let us know about any others you know of. We are working to keep this information current and correct, so keep checking back when planning a booking.
Please keep supporting your independent restaurants in Wales thoughout this extraordinarily difficult time – whether through visiting the businesses below, or continuing to purchase takeaways being offered via collection and delivery services. It will all be unfamiliar to them and for us, so let’s be patient out there. Enjoy!
- Anatonis Pizzeria, Wellfield Road – outdoor dining now available. Call 029 20495975 to book.
- Brava, Pontcanna – from Friday 17th July – brunch from 10am-2pm and pizza available in the courtyard from 5pm – 8pm.
- Bub’s Cardiff, Church Street – 16 seats available – half will be for bookings, half will be for walk ins – both will be given a 2 hour slot. All bookings to be placed through email@example.com, send your preferred time slot and they will confirm. Max 4 people per booking. Food available from Keralan Karavan. Opening hours: Monday 2pm-8pm, Tuesday – Saturday 12pm – 8pm and Sunday 12pm – 4pm.
- Bwyta, Bwyd, Bombai, High Street – you can now book a table to dine outside via their website. They are open Monday – Wednesday: 12pm – 8pm and Thursday – Saturday: 12pm – 10pm.
- Calabrisella, Canton and Cathays – outdoor dining available. Contact 029 2022 5839 (Canton) and 029 2022 7272 (Cathays) to book a table.
- Cameo Club, Wellfield Road – two outside space available for private hire of up to 8 people and the terrace for groups of up to 24. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
- Cicchetti, Radyr – maximum 4 people per table. Limited menu, please see social accounts. To book call 029 2084 8773.
- Da Mara, Pen-y-lan Road – outdoor dining is available. Call 029 2048 2222 to reserve a table.
- Depot – Street Food Social outside event from Monday 13th July to Sunday 19th July including Bearded Taco, Queen Pepiada, Brother Thai, Franks, Meating Point, and Calabrisella – tickets are from £10. Please see Depot’s social accounts for further details.
- Dusty Knuckle – Thursday to Sunday at The Boneyard. Takeaway and outdoor dining. On Deliveroo from Wednesday to Sunday 5pm – 9pm, or call 07983855232 to order.
- Ffwrnes, Cardiff Market – now open Thursday to Saturday from 11am – 3pm.
- Kin and Ilk, Pontcanna – outdoor seating area open.
- La Pentola (formerly The Pot Bistro), 55a Whitchurch Road – the secret garden is now open from 11am-8pm (last sitting 7pm). Booking only, due to contact tracing and limited to one and half hour sittings. Email for email@example.com for any enquiries or contact 029 2061 1204 to book.
- Pitch Bar & Eatery, Mill Lane – opening outside on Thursday 23rd July. See their social accounts for up-to-date information.
- Pizzeria Villaggio, Whtichurch – one hour slots are available for al fresco dining. Call 029 2061 3310 to book a table.
- New House Hotel, Thornhill Road – from Thursday, Afternoon Tea will be between 12pm and 5pm. Friday night is tapas night and Saturday night is steak night. There are also a selection of cocktails to enjoy from the amazing Ollies. Further details on menus and how to book can be found on their website.
- Santiago’s Tapas – both City Centre and Whitchurch restaurants are open for outdoor dining only, open 7 days a week, 12pm-9pm. Seating is very limited, please book ahead by telephone only. Full details are available on their website. Call 029 20 226666 to book the City Centre restaurant and 029 20 615 394 for the Whitchurch restaurant.
- Saraztro Greek Restaurant, Wellfield Road – now taking reservations – limited outdoor seating only. Call 029 20 490600 to book.
- The Grange, Penarth Road – taking bookings from Tuesday 14th for 2 hour slots on Thursday and Friday (from 4pm) and Saturday (from 12pm) via email. See social accounts for further details and restrictions on use of beer garden. Limited food menu to start, full menu will be available at a later date.
- The Greazy Vegan, opposite Cardiff Castle – open 7 days a week from 3.30pm until 9pm. Orders can be collected and deliveries are still available.
- The Brook Bistro, Whitchurch – covered terrace will be available from the 14th July. Please call 029 20619738 to make a reservation. Please see their social accounts for further details.
- The Heathcock, Llandaff – open from 4pm on 13th July with a drink table service. Bookings only – taken over the phone from 12-4pm each day. Thursday to Sunday will be serving a bar menu in the garden. Now open from 4pm Monday – Friday and from midday on Saturday and Sunday. There is also a takeaway coffee shop and bakery from the Skittles Alley towards the end of the week.
- Uisce, Romilly Crescent – ‘The Tent’ is now open. Booking is essential, please visit their website. Sunday | 12pm – 4pm ( 3 course Sunday roast only ), Wednesday 6pm – 10pm, Thursday – Saturday 12pm – 10pm.
- Hills, Brecon – outdoor seating area is now open to customers to enjoy your takeaways. Table service or bookings are not available for the outdoor area, but takeaway slots will still need to be booked online.
- Cobbles Kitchen & Deli, Ogmore Road – order ahead from their website, and enjoy in their outdoor space. See socials for their opening hours.
- Poco Poco, Elder Street – call on 0165 6667999 or visit their website and fill in the booking request form due to dine in their outside area.
- The Black Cock Inn, Caerphilly Mountain – bookings only via their Facebook page or call 029 20 880534.
- The Gaff, Abergavenny – courtyard dining from Tuesday 14th July. Please place a reservation by calling 01873 739310 or message them.
- Positano SA1, Kings Road – opening our outdoor seating garden area to our diners. Please see social accounts for further details. Call 01792 462400 to make your reservations.
- The Rake & Riddle, Penclawdd Road – opening hours are Monday to Thursday 2pm until late & 12pm until late on the weekends. Pre-booking is required for parties of 6 or more – please call 01792 872886. There are further restrictions in place – please see their social accounts for details.
- The Secret Beach Bar & Kitchen, Mumbles Road – The Secret Sun Terrace open from 10am. See their social accounts for further details on requirements.
- The Westbourne, Bryn Y Mor Road – food served all day with full table service. Bookings only with 3 hour time slots. Call 01792 476637 to book. See their social accounts for further details.
Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Albi Restaurant, Talbot Green – dining outside if weather clear. Please call 01443 230098 to reserve a table.
- Bailey’s Arms, Moutain Ash – tables available in the beer garden. Please call 01443 477177 to eat at the restaurant or takeaway.
- La Luna, Talbot Green – now open for outside dining. Reservations are essential to avoid disappointment. Please call 01443 239600 or order via their website to book.
- Lanelay Hall, Llantrisant – the Garden Pavillion is now available for dining with large heaters. Please book in advance by calling 01443 558309 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Llanerch Vineyard, Pontyclun – alfresco dining open, under marquee cover from the 13th to 31st August. Call 01443 222716 or book via their website.
- The Boars Head, Tyla Garw – re-opening on Tuesday 14th July for both food and coffee. Reservations only – you will need to to call to book a table between 10am-4pm. Call 01443 225400.
- Trattoria, Talbot Green – maximum 4 people per table. Limited menu, please see social accounts. To book call 01443 223399.
Vale of Glamorgan
- Carne Arms, Llysworney – open from 12pm on Monday 13th July. Table bookings can be made direct from Facebook.
- Hare & Hounds, Aberthin – open from 12pm on the 13th July with a drink table service in the garden/outdoor space. Wednesday to Sunday serving food from 5pm – small plates. Takeaways will still be available Wednesday to Sunday. Bakery van will continue to be open from 11am Thursday to Sunday. Sunday lunch will start from 19th July via bookings only.
- Lamb & Flag, Wick – food served between 12-3pm and 5pm – 9pm, new outdoor menu. Saturday to be confirmed and Sunday food is 12pm – 6pm. Call 01656 890373 to book a table.
- The Bear Hotel, Cowbridge – courtyard open. Lunch available Monday-Wednesday, lunch & dinner Thursday-Saturday, roasts all day on Sunday. Pre booking is advised via the
- The Humble Onion, Dinas Powys – dining in The Courtyard. Small plate menu available from Thursday – Saturday (12pm – 9pm). Book online or call 029 2051 4900 to reserve your table.
- The Old Custom House, Penarth Marina – El Puerto’s terrace is available for outdoor dining. Open Monday to Saturday 12pm to 8:30pm, Sunday 12pm to 4pm. Due to the uncertainty of the Welsh weather they will NOT be taking bookings online or over the telephone. El Puerto’s terrace will operate on a first come first served basis. La Cerveza van will continue service as normal for those wanting to enjoy their take away on a walk or at home. Sunday take away lunches will also continue.
- Dexter’s Steakhouse & Grill, Coracle Way – the decking will be open open 5 days a week- these 5 days are dependent on the weather, food service between 12-8pm. For any further information please call 01267223000
- The Cawdor, Llandeilo – tables are available to reserve in The Courtyard. Please call 01558 823500 to book.
- Wrights Food Emporium – lunch Thursday to Sunday. Book from 10am on Mondays via phone. Call 01558 668929. See social accounts for further details.
- The Stackpole Inn, Stackpole – serving food every day between 12-8pm. The only difference is on Sunday – will serve a roast between 12-3 then a normal menu between 5-8pm. Please call 01646 672324 to make a reservation. See social accounts for further requirements.
- Dylan’s Restaurant, Menai Bridge – restaurants open 7 days a week from 11am to 9pm, for outdoor dining and takeaway service Booking in advance is required at the moment, as tables are limited. Canopies and parasols are available.
- The Marram Grass – Moch A Mor pop up (covered outside seating). Breakfast is available from 8am to 11am (Monday – Sunday) and then the main menu is available from 12pm to 9m (Monday – Sunday). Card details essential for securing a booking but will not be charged unless a cancellation is made without 24 hours notice of your booking or if you fail to show, regardless of circumstances.
- Dylan’s Restaurant, Llandudno – restaurants open 7 days a week from 11am to 9pm, for outdoor dining and takeaway service Booking in advance is required at the moment, as tables are limited. Canopies and parasols are available.
- Hickory’s Smokehouse, Rhos on Sea – garden open Friday, Saturday and Sunday, tables are on a first come, first served basis. See their Facebook page for further information.
- Dylan’s Restaurant, Criccieth – restaurants open 7 days a week from 11am to 9pm, for outdoor dining and takeaway service Booking in advance is required at the moment, as tables are limited. Canopies and parasols are available.