The Takeaway Editions Reloaded
In, out, in, out… it really does feel as if restaurants are locked into some grim game of the Hokey Cokey at the moment.
While the firebreak in Wales has seen the closure of restaurants until the week of the 9th of November, guidelines ensure that those who are able to adapt to takeaway and delivery can keep going: and that’s our focus this time, because the range (and quality) of your options this month is the best it has ever been.
It’s fair to say that the humble takeaway has had a glamorous makeover this year. There are restaurants offering collection which wouldn’t have considered it a year ago, but that can be a good thing for us customers. We get the chance to enjoy good quality cooking while supporting our favorite local independents.
So without further ado, we’ve reloaded our takeaway editions and highlighted a few businesses below. It’s a changing/growing list, so keep checking back, but give the links a click below and you’ll find a whole host of different takeaways operating from November 2020 and beyond.
The Takeaway Editions – South Wales
- Asador 44/Bar 44 – Mercado 44 is available online every Sunday. Place your order before 12 noon on a Thursday each week for collection or delivery. Collect items from: Bar 44 on Westgate Street, Cardiff on a Friday between 12 noon and 3pm or Bar 44 on Windsor Road, Penarth on a Friday between 12 noon and 3pm. Delivery is also available in Cowbridge, Penarth, Cardiff and the surrounding areas at a charge of £4, minimum order £30.
- Ashtons Fishmongers – home delivery service. Pay over the phone and driver will leave at the front door. Call 029 2022 9201.
- Bab Haus – taco kits, nachos, and margarita kits are available to order for delivery (Cardiff and Caerphilly – £3) and collection (Caerphilly and the Vale of Glamorgan at Goodsheds in Barry) Order online – https://www.babhausmex.co.uk/shop
- Bangkok Cafe, Cowbridge Road East – takeaway deliveries only via Deliveroo.
- Black and White Cafe, Grangetown – takeaways are now available. Call 029 2034 4408 to order.
- Brava, Pontcanna – Call 029 2037 1929 to order a takeaway pizza. Payment over the phone, and pizza will be placed outside for collection. Current opening times are Monday – Sunday 4pm – 8.30pm. Pizzas are £8 each, see their website for further details on menu.
- Bwyta Bwyd Bombai – please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Caesars Arms, Creigiau – farm shop is open from 9.30am-4pm Tuesday to Saturday and are encouraging customers to email email@example.com for a full product list. Orders can then be emailed and we will contact you to arrange collection. Payment can be taken over the phone, or by a mobile card terminal that can be brought to your car. We can bring your order to your car and place boxes and bags directly in your boot. Please telephone the Farm Shop on 02920 891223 or if busy 02920 890486.
- Calabrisella, Canton – takeaways on Deliveroo.
- Canna Deli – can call 02920 373 775 and order a delivery for tomorrow for anyone elderly, vulnerable or self isolating in the Pontcanna area .
- Cham Cham – deliveries Wednesday to Saturday across Cardiff, Newport and the Vale of Glamorgan. Call 07365 972181 to order. Please see their social accounts for menus.
- Chapel 1877 – gift vouchers available online. Please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Chilli Basil, City Road – takeaways available with 10% off. See website for menu, and contact 029 2048 2233 to place order.
- Cocorico Patisserie – takeaway only including a boxed Afternoon Tea. Orders can be taken over the phone 029 2132 8177.
Corporation Yard – street food takeaways are now available. See their social accounts for the individual traders, and trading times. Offering click and collect and click and deliver (2 miles radius from Corporation Yard in Canton). To order simply click on the link https://pay.yoello.com/g/corporationyard
- Curado Bar, Guildford Crescent – online shop is open, and a delivery service for their produce is now available.
- Deli Bant a la Cart, Cathedral Road – pick up and delivery service of ready meals, cakes, bread, fresh vegetables, fish and fruit. To order or for further information call 07813 799212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dusty Knuckle – please email email@example.com and they will post the vouchers. Takeaway is available from Papermill Road and Dark in Castle Arcade via the hatch. Pizza making kits are also available to purchase for collection (same email). Deliveries are now available via Deliveroo and Indieeats – Wednesday to Sunday.
- Franks Hotdogs – gift vouchers available online. Takeaway delivery available in certain locations (3 mile radius of CF5) on Ubereats.
- Friends in Knead – bakes are available for takeaway all weekend. Customers to pop in one at a time, and card payments only.
- Giovannis – gift vouchers available online.
- Golden Phoenix, Carlisle Street – delivery only from Tuesday 24th March. Free delivery to a 1 mile radius. Call 029 2047 1001.
- Got Beef – takeaways available to order for collection or via Ubereats or Deliveroo.
- Greazy Vegan, Castle Arcade – open 7 days week for collection and delivery of takeaways. Collections MUST be ordered & paid for via the website, and your order must be collected at the time you are given. No more than 2 people allowed in to collect. If possible please use Uber Eats instead.
- Heaneys, Pontcanna – Sunday lunch takeaways are available. See their social accounts for up-to-date menus and details for ordering.
- Hard Lines – gift vouchers available online. A daily changing takeaway menu, ideally please message ahead on their social accounts to order.
- Holy Yolks – any 4 scotch eggs for £12. £1 delivery charge on all orders. For further information and email orders to firstname.lastname@example.org. See social accounts for the scotch eggs and delivery area.
- I Giardini di Sorrento – open for collections on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Call 029 2048 6580 or 07703 429185 to order. Other menus are available via Deliveroo and Uber Eats
- Kapow Ribs – the online shop goes live every Thursday at 10am, with delivery the following week on a Saturday. Delivery is currently to Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan and Bridgend.
- Katiwok – takeaways ordered online and delivered – see their website.
- Kemi’s Pontcanna – gift vouchers available to purchase online. Call on 029 2037 2055 by 11am for delivery/collection of vegetable boxes 12-2pm, and order by 4pm for delivery between 6 and 8pm. Cardiff area only. See their social accounts.
- Keralan Karavan – Heat 2 Eat, on Ubereats Thursday/Friday. Can be delivered by Keralan Karavan on Thursday/Friday, email email@example.com to order.
- Franks Hotdogs – Bonfire night kits are available to order for collection or delivery to Cardiff, Pontyclun, Barry and Penarth. Visit their shop to order.
- La Vita – 5pm to 9.30pm for takeaways for delivery or collection. Call on 029 2048 0161.
- Leyli Joon & Co/Bab Haus – please follow them on Facebook for future posts. Cook with Leyli Joon & Co recipe boxes, please go to their website to order. Delivery in Cardiff.
- Matsudai Ramen – online shop open and delivery available to various Cardiff post codes or collection from Taffs Well.
- Mattancherry, Canton – open for takeaways for collection, with delivery available within 3 miles. Call 029 2022 8888 or visit their website. On Deliveroo and Just Eat.
- Mezza Luna, City Road – mezze feast, tangine and Lebanese grills available for collection or delivery from Deliveroo and Just Eat
- Milkwood – takeaway available from Wednesday to Saturday from 4pm. Phone line opens from 3pm or ordet online at https://o-milkwood.arch2order.com/menu/milkwood
- Mina Restaurant – contactless takeaway offered
- Modo Italian – pizza delivery via Ubereats Thursday to Sunday 4pm to 9pm.
- Moo Moo Thai Tapas, City Road – delivery available. Receive 10% off all takeaways and delivery orders (min £20 spend). Call 029 20638393 to order.
- Mowglis Indian Restaurant, Crwys Road – please follow them on Facebook for future posts. Takeaways and deliveries back up and running from 5pm – 3 mile radius on deliveries.
- Mr Brightside – open Weds to Sun for takeaways. Please call 029 2056 7373 to pre-order off of their menu.
- Mr Croquewich \ Bistrot – all dishes are fully assembled to be put in oven. See their Facebook page or other social pages for the menu. Place your order via their website. Delivery days are Saturday between 11am and 4pm. Deliveries to Cardiff, Penarth, Barry, Dinas Powys, Wenvoe, Caerphilly, Pentyrch, Creigiau, Treforest and Efail Isaf.
- Nook, Cowbridge Road East – takeaway collection available from 6pm. Call 029 2115 3274 to place your order. See their website – https://www.nookcardiff.co.uk/
- Penylan Pantry – gift vouchers available online.
- Pettigrew Tea Rooms – gift vouchers available online.
- Porro, Llandaff – gift vouchers available online. Please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Purple Poppadom, Canton – gift vouchers available online. Takeaway service available to order online.
- Salkaara, Llandaff – available to takeaway on Ubereats, certain locations – please search for availability under your area.
- Saray Restaurant, City Road – takeaways via Deliveroo.
- Selah Cafe and Tea Room, Llanishen – gift vouchers are available to purchase and food is available for takeaway. Please contact 029 2075 5380.
- Splott Fish & Chips, Splott Road – takeaway and delivery until 11pm. Delivery via Ubereats, Deliveroo and Just Eat.
- Sushi Life – open as Tuesday to Sunday from 5.00pm to 9.00pm for collections and deliveries via UberEats.
- Thackeray Cardiff – open for takeaway orders for Sunday lunch. Call 029 2000 2499 to book.
- Thai Dee – available for takeaway collection from Creigiau. See social accounts for menus.
- Thai Village Restaurant, Merthyr Road – takeaway only, Wednesday to Saturday. Please call on 029 2061 1222.
- The Beech Tree Restaurant – collections can be ordered by calling on 029 2059 3106 or delivered safely to your home via JustEat.
- The Caribbean Way – meals on wheels are running, no contact deliveries in Cardiff and the Vale. See their social accounts for further details.
- The Dough Thrower – order online and delivering 7 days a week. If you have a postcode restriction online, still call them on 029 2030 7295.
- The Knife & Fork Group including 29 Park Place, The Conway, The Discovery, The Pilot, The Old Swan Inn and The Sully – please email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will post the vouchers.
- The Med Shed – takeaway deliveries on Saturdays. See social accounts for menus and email email@example.com to order.
- The One Mile Bakery, Rhiwbina – bread available for delivery – 1 mile radius, see their website for slots.
- The Parc Deli – takeaways are available via Deliveroo, JustEatUK and Ubereats.
- The Potted Pig, High Street – gift vouchers available online. Please follow them of Facebook for future posts.
- The Smoke House, Pontcanna – takeaway menu available to view on their Facebook page. Collection only at present. Please call 029 2034 4628 from 4pm-8pm.
- Thomas by Tom Simmons, Pontcanna – gift vouchers available online. Steak night on Friday and Saturday, and Sunday lunch available to order online.
- Uisce, Pontcanna – see Heaneys for Sunday lunch to takeaway.
- Vegetarian Food Studio, Grangetown – takeaway service is available, please call 029 2023 8222.
- Waterloo Tea – gift vouchers available online.
- Waroeng Nona – menus available to view on social accounts. Pre-orders taken Sunday to Wednesday (before 8pm), for Saturday delivery or collection.
- Wild Thing – takeaways and community fridge are available with pay what you can afford, or free access to food if needed, from Thursday to Saturday during lockdown.
- Cobbles Kitchen & Deli, Ogmore – gift vouchers available online. Please follow on Facebook for future posts.
- Cosy Corner Lounge, Porthcawl – please follow on Facebook for future posts.
- Double Zero Pizza, Porthcawl – pizza delivery service via Just Eat.
- Franco’s Ristorante Vecchio, Queen Street – takeaways are now available to order- 4.30pm to 7.30pm
- Isabella’s Brasserie – please follow on Facebook for future posts.
- La Cocina, Derwen Road – please follow them on Facebook for future posts. Closed at present, launching new restaurant w/c 9th November.
- Leicester’s Restaurant, Laleston – gift vouchers available online.
- The Farmers Arms, Nottage – take away menu available with free delivery locally. To place your order please call 01656 856419.This is a cashless service, therefore all orders will have to be paid in advance when placing your order.
- The Haywain, Brackla – local collection and delivery menu available. See Facebook for further information.
- The Prince of Wales Inn, Kenfig – please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Zia Nina – please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- The Black Cock Inn – takeaway menu is available. See their Facebook page for further details.
- Volare Italian Restaurant – takeaway is now available from 5pm to 8pm. Delivery service offered or £5 off if you spend £25 and collect. Call 029 2132 2077 or use Messenger to place your order.
- Jol’s Restaurant – takeaways available and Sunday lunch for collection. 5 minute slots available from 12pm until 2pm. To book call 07984 518519.
- Gemelli Restaurant, Newport – gift vouchers available online.
- Gem 42, Newport – gift vouchers available online.
- Restaurant 1861, Abergavenny – gift vouchers available online.
- Supa Thai Vegan – please follow them on Facebook for future posts.
- Taste of Persia – chilled ready meals, available for delivery on Friday and Saturday 3pm to 6pm. Free delivery to Monmouth and £3 delivery to Abergavenny and Chepstow. Deliveries to Cardiff and Newport may be possible. Please see their Twitter account for details on the menu. Order by email – firstname.lastname@example.org. 20% to all NHS & frontline workers.
- The Angel, Abergavenny – gift vouchers available, please call 01873 857121 (9am-5pm every day).
- The Black Bear Inn, Bettws Newydd – takeaways available, free delivery within 2 miles. Please see Facebook for further details.
- The Gaff, Abergavenny – Fresh meat, fish, mussels and vegetable boxes, and takeaway menu available for collection only. Call 01873 739 310, DM on social, or email email@example.com to order.
- The Pod, Newport – takeaway drinks and street food available Weds – Sat 5pm-10pm for collection and delivery.
- The Walnut Tree Inn, Abergavenny – gift vouchers available online.
- The Whitebrook, Abergavenny – gift vouchers available online.
- Vittorio’s, Newport – open for takeaways. See their website for further details https://www.vittoriosrestaurant.co.uk
- Beach House Restaurant, Oxwich Bay – gift vouchers available online.
- Brewstone, Uplands – takeaways now available on Deliveroo.
- Elle’s Little Kitchen – home delivery is now available. Order via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07717057361. Delivery will be free (£10 minimum order) in Penllergaer, Dunvant, Gorseinon, Gowerton. Swansea area (including Hospitals), Morriston, Uplands, Sketty (£15 minimum order). Please ask for more areas. See their Facebook page for the menus.
- El Pascador – order 6 tapas for £25.95 and add a bottle of wine for only £10.95. To place your order, call 01792 464947 or order through Deliveroo or Just Eat.
- Positano SA1 – 30% off their full menu if you pick up or delivery – order online here.
- Rasoi Indian Kitchen – now offering deliveries or 20% off takeaways when you collect. To order call 01792 882409.
- Slice – opening times are Thursday – Saturday 5pm – 9pm. No pre-orders. See their social accounts for menu for takeaways.
- Verve 37 – bubbly banquet takeaway available £39.95 – collection only. To order, call 01792 643 701 or 07840 440 594. Friday and Saturday 5-9pm.
- Yosei – takeaway available for collection and delivery, order online.
Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Albi Restaurant, Talbot Green – open for collection and delivery. Call on 01443 230098 or order online and get 10% off ordering system, by using the following link https://menu.albirestaurant.co.uk/menu.php
- Fab Burgers, The Chainhouse, Pontypridd – menu available to collect and for delivery. Call 07803 804833 to book.
- Haveli, Pontyclun – now offering takeaways and deliveries. Call 01443 449779 to order. See their Facebook page for the menu.
- Indiaah, Pontyclun – local home delivery takeaway service available, up to 3 mile radius. Please see their website for menu.
- Jafran Indian Takeaway, Llantrisant – takeaways available for delivery, see their website.
- The Bunch of Grapes, Pontypridd – takeaway service being provided. Please see their Facebook page for details of the menus. Order online or call 01443 402934.
- The Crispy Cod, Gelli – open 7 days a week 12pm-9pm for takeaways. delivery service now in operation, minimum £15 order. Call 01443 434888. Delivery to Gelli, Ton Pentre, Pentre, Treorchy, Ynyswen, Cwmparc, Treherbert, Ystrad, Llwynypia, Tonypandy, Dinas, Trealaw, Ynyshir, Wattstown, Stanleytown, Ferndale, Tylorstown, Penryhys, Clydach and Penygraig. Also running The Rock and Scallop seafood platter delivery service on Friday, Saturday and Sunday – £60 all delivered to RCT, Cardiff, Neath, Swansea, Caerphilly and the Vale of Glamorgan.
- The Delicatessen, Pontyclun – open for takeaway. Deli boxes at £25 are available for order for pick up on Saturday. Call 01443 225579 to order.
- Trattoria, Talbot Green – freshly made takeaway available – pre-order takeaway meals by contacting the restaurant directly.
- Zeera Indian Takeaway, Pontyclun – takeaways still available although times and procedures have changed. Please see their Facebook page for further information.
Vale of Glamorgan
- Arboreal, Cowbridge – open Friday and Saturday 3pm – 9pm for orders to takeaway. Order online via their website – https://arboreal.cheerfy.shop/
- Cegin halfnhalf, Barry – home deliveries in the Barry, Wenvoe and Rhoose areas on Friday, and Barry, Penarth, Dinas Powys, Sully and Cardiff on Saturday. Orders will be via WhatsApp 07948568199. All food comes chilled.
- Etc…, Penarth – Takeaway service is now available for collection and delivery. Call 029 2009 0060 to order. Available -Thursday 5-10pm, Friday 12-10pm, Saturday 12-10pm and Sunday 11.30-5pm.
Hang Fire Southern Kitchen, Barry – Hangfire Heat At Home is now available. A pre-order service, available Weds-Sun. Order for Next Day Collection by scanning the Yoello QR code or by visiting our website: www.hangfiresouthernkitchen.com
- Hare & Hounds – currently closed, and will re-open on the 9th November. Please contact 01446 774892 or email email@example.com for gift vouchers.
- Keyif Restaurant, Penarth – takeaways and deliveries. Place your order 029 2070 2429, or order online.
- Mr Villas, Barry – takeaway available for delivery. Please contact Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01446 740781 for the menus. Roasts are available on a Sunday to takeaway.
- Sommerins at Home – 5 course tasting menus available for delivery for £35pp. Post 9th November, they will be available for delivery and collection from The Shed in Barry.
- The Barley Mow, Penllyn – local takeaway deliveries available – please see their Facebook posts.
- The Cwtch Restaurant, Llantwit Major – gift vouchers available, call 01446 792048 or visit the website. Sunday roast available for takeaway and delivery, see their Facebook page for further details.
- The Galley, Penarth – takeaway and delivery service available to order from 9am through their website.
- The Crepe Escape, Penarth – afternoon tea and cakes can be delivered locally. Please call 029 2070 2385.
- The Custom House, Penarth – La Cerveza is back throughout the lockdown weekends from Thursday to Sunday 10am to 3pm, serving coffee, soft drinks and homemade cakes
- The Lamb and Flag, Wick – gift vouchers are available. Please contact 01656 890373. It’s. the same contact number for their takeaway menu. Collection only for now – able to do bank transfer/ card payments over the phone/ cash on collection. See Facebook page for further details.
- The Red Fox Inn, Penllyn – local takeaway delivery service to villagers – please see Facebook posts.
The Takeaway Editions – West Wales
- Pink Peppercorn Food Company, Llandeilo – running a community action drive. Swper Box is now up and running, please keep an eye on their social accounts for further information.
- The New Curiousity, Carmarthen – takeaways are available on Friday and Saturday. Please call on 01267 232384 to pre-order and pay over the phone. See their social accounts for menus.
- The Warren, Mansel Street – gift vouchers available online.
- Wrights Food Emporium, Llanarthne – collection and delivery online. Please see their website for further updates.
- Blas Restaurant, St Davids – gift vouchers available online.
- Coast, Saundersfoot – gift vouchers available online.
- Grove, Narbeth – gift vouchers available online.
- Paternoster Farm, collection of local produce. DM on Facebook or Instagram with your orders.
- The Stackpole Inn, Stackpole – Friday and Saturday night takeaways available. Collections between 12 and 3pm. Call 01646 672324 to order.
- Ultracomida, Narbeth – local delivery service available, please see website.
- Abdul’s Restaurant, Cardigan – open from Thursday to Sunday – normal hours with deliveries and takeaways.
- Bar 46, Aberystwyth – Delivery is available from 2:30pm til 10pm, Mon-Fri and Sat & Sun midday-10pm via Just Eat, Deliveroo or by calling 07399 011769.
- Light of Asia, Aberystwyth – takeaways and deliveries just give us a call on 01970 615040 or order on Deliveroo.
- Mama Fay’s, Aberystwyth – open for takeaways from 5pm Tuesday to Sunday. Order through Deliveroo or call up to have your order delivered. Payment taken over the phone.
- The Express Cafe, Aberystwyth – delivery service from 8-11am for breakfasts, rolls and sandwiches and teas and coffees delivered to your door. Will also be delivering either by phone orders or Deliveroo between 5-8.30 in the evenings. Call 07791596400 for deliveries.
- Ultracomida, Aberystwyth – local delivery services available, please see website.
- Chapters Restaurant, Hay-on-Wye – gift vouchers available to purchase, call 07855783799 or email email@example.com and they will send via post. Takeaway menu available for collection or delivery – Wednesday to Saturday 12pm-8pm. Orders to be placed in advance via 07855783799 as menu changing regularly.
- Daphne’s 53 High Street – operating a pizza hotline and no-contact collection service Thurs-Sun. Call 07377909216
- Hills Brecon – gift vouchers are available online. Take-away burgers and chips in their restaurant car park. Card payments only.
- The Felin Fach Griffin, Brecon – gift vouchers available online.
- Ynyshir Restaurant & Rooms – gift vouchers available online.
- Catch 22 Brasserie – takeaway menu available for lockdown. Click here for details of the menu and how to order.
- Chilly Cow Ice Cream – delivering ice cream to your door to certain villages and towns within the area. Minimum order is £16. Call 07968993495 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tyddyn Llan, Llandeilo – gift vouchers available online
- The Dining Room, Abersoch – please follow on Facebook for future posts.
- The Gun Room, Caernarfon – gift vouchers available online.
- The West Arms, Llanarmon Dyffryn-Ceiriog – gift vouchers are available, please call 01691 600665 or email email@example.com
Obviously there are thousands of restaurants and takeaways throughout Wales. If you have a recommendation of a business that we should be including, please mention them in the comments section, or drop us an email and we will add their details.